Plusworld Roofing training and empowerment Program is an accelerated skill development program designed to prepare eligible beneficiaries for employment in the construction and oil and gas industry.
The courses in the training will give trainees access to tools and techniques needed to meet roof project objectives on schedule to specification and within budget; give insight on latest industry technology and development, technical standards, research findings, building maintenance operations, customer service, grading, certification and entrepreneurship.
SCOPE OF THE PROGRAM
The Program will include training in roof repairs, maintenance, waterproofing and roof restoration as well as the intricacies of managing a roofing business.
- Introduction to Roofs and Roof Roofing Systems
- Introduction to roof Maintenance and repairs
- Roof and structural Waterproofing
- Roof Restoration
- Roofing Business Management
- HSE: Safety at Height and Safety at work
The roof being one of the most important parts of a building can cost from 10% to 30% of the total cost of a building and so there is a round the clock demand for roof contractors and technicians in the construction industry. However, maintaining the roof is also equally important and that has given rise to a very high round the clock demand for roof maintenance and repair specialists especially in the raining season.
Due to these facts, we are embarking on our technical skill acquisition, development and capacity building training program on roof maintenance technology. This training is designed to prepare eligible beneficiaries for employment in the construction industry, bridge the knowledge gap in industry training and best practices, break the paradox of unemployment and poverty in the minds of several unemployed Nigerians and create opportunities for self-employment.
The program is divided into two parts: Training and Empowerment. The training will combine intensive classroom instructions using multimedia resources and onsite hands-on practical/apprenticeship program to equip participants with the requisite skills and knowledge to be self-employed in a sought-after niche in the construction industry.
The second part of the programme is the “Roofpreneur” empowerment scheme that has been designed to empower and give the trainees an advantage and head start in the labour market.
The roofpreneur would have gone through the Plusworld 3-month accelerated skill training program on roof maintenance technology to acquire the necessary knowledge, skill and experience to manage a roofing business.
On completion of the program, the roofpreneur will be empowered with a start-up package that will comprise the following:
- Hydroseal waterproofing and repair products
- Nutech roof painting and restoration products
- Graco application tools and equipment
- The roofpreneur program is in three (3) categories:
- Basic roofpreneur
- Intermediate roofpreneur
- Advance roofpreneur
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
This training is designed to:
- Prepare eligible beneficiaries for employment in the construction and oil and gas industries
- Bridge the knowledge gap in industry training and best practices
- Break the paradox of unemployment and poverty amongst youths
- Create opportunities for self-employment
- Certify and collate a database of trained and accredited professionals in roof line and maintenance works i
- Prepare the trainees to become our commercial /technical agents, contractors, distributors and resellers of our products and services
- Open opportunities for job placements for the trainees with us, our partners and our clients
- Create a community that will serve as a platform for their continuous assessment, Development and training